This privacy notice (this "Privacy Notice") applies to the websites operated by us, Canon Inc., under the domain psirt.canon (”Our Website”).
We respect your privacy rights and recognize the importance of protecting your personal information. You are not normally required to provide us with your personal information in order to use Our Website.
2. Personal information we collect and what we use it for
2.1 You may give us information about you by filling in contact forms on Our Website for your query or report. We will only use that information to respond to your query or report.
2.2 We may automatically collect information from you and your devices when you access Our Website, including the date and time of access, the name of the requested file, the referral webpage, the status (e.g. transaction completed), the Web browser and operating system used, the IP address of the device and the size of transmitted data. This information is stored in connection logs for a limited period of time for the purpose of ensuring the security and proper functioning of Our Website as well as for statistical purposes.
3. Legal basis for using your personal information
We will only process your personal information where:
- we have your consent;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests (such as processing for the purpose of ensuring the security and proper functioning of Our Website) pursued by us; or
- we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
4. How we share your information
Except as set out in this Privacy Notice or where you have provided your consent, your personal information will not be shared with or disclosed to other individuals or businesses, for their own use, other than Canon group companies.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business assets, personal information may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In these circumstances, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this Privacy Notice;
- In exceptional circumstances, personal information may be shared with third parties, such as the police and regulatory authorities, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, staff and assets; or
- We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation in any jurisdiction, including where that obligation arises as a result of a voluntary act or decision by us (e.g. our decision to operate in a country or a related decision).
We may share your personal information with other Canon group companies in order to fulfill the purposes for which we collect your personal information.
5. How we protect your information
Your personal information is held on secure servers and is not processed for any purposes other than those set out in this Privacy Notice. The servers we use to store this information are accessible to our authorized persons only and we ensure that adequate security measures are in place.
6. Retention of your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out in section 2 of this Privacy Notice and in accordance with any retention periods required by applicable laws and during the relevant statutes of limitations. Where we no longer have a need to keep your personal information, we will delete it.
8. Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law, and do not target Our Website to children.
9. How to exercise your rights
You have the right to access, correct, update or delete your stored personal information as well as any other right applicable in your jurisdiction, including the right to withdraw any consent previously granted. To exercise your rights, please notify us by using the reporting form here or by contacting us via the contact details set out in section 11 of this Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest amended version of this Privacy Notice will then be published on Our Website.
11. Contacting us
Please contact us with any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information or this Privacy Notice via the reporting form here or by writing to:
Global PSIRT Promotion Project, General Manager
30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku, Tokyo 146-8501, Japan
We hope that we will be able to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if you are still not satisfied, you may complain to your local data protection authority.